Quality Isn't Expensive...It's Priceless
- 2x10 floor joists @ 16” on-center
- ¾” tongue & groove sub-floor, glued and nailed
- Pressure treated porch decking (composite available)
- 2x6 exterior walls, studs spaced 16” on-center
- Walls sheathed with 7/16” OSB and house wrapped
- White Pine tongue & groove log siding
- Yellow pine hardwood flooring (Hickory available)
- 200 amp electric service
- Two coats of exterior sealer applied in factory
- Low-e/argon glass insulated windows (0.32 u-factor)
- 2x10 roof rafters 16” on-center or engineered trusses 16” on-center
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing with felt paper above
- Lifetime GAF/Elk architectural shingles (steel optional)
- Vented eaves and ridge
- Wall Insulation: R-21, Ceiling Insulation: R-49
- Higher R values available per local requirements
- Adirondack climate zones require R-25 in walls
We have made some improvements for 2021. We are planning to make a clean switch to the following new features at the beginning of the year, even if the home was contracted in 2020. Here’s a list of the items that will change:
Textured Metal – Fascia & Steel Roofs
All our roof edge fascia trim is metal, and we’ve upgraded it from smooth/glossy to the new textured finish. The slight texture to the finish cuts the glare and gives a higher-class look. The same applies to steel roofs (optional upgrade from shingles). Our steel roofs will now be textured as shown in the image at left.
We've made dead bolts standard on all our exterior doors, providing improved security that you don’t need to upgrade for.
Door Jamb Improvements
We’ve switched to ProVia’s innovative FusionFrame jamb, eliminating the aluminum jamb cladding and replacing it with beautiful stained woodgrain composite material. Also the door thresholds will now be bronze/black.
Under-mount Kitchen Sinks
The standard laminate counter tops now get under-mount sinks standard, just like solid surface and quartz. This means give you an easy-to-clean counter top surface no matter which counter top type you choose.
Kitchen Faucets: Stainless with Pull-down Sprayer
The standard kitchen faucet is now spot resistant stainless and has a pull-down sprayer. (Moen® Brantford 7185SRS) This has been a popular upgrade the last few years.
New Vanity Light Fixture
Our vanity light fixture has been updated to better match the style of our other fixtures, and to give a more modern feel. This 3-bulb spread design provides nice consistent light at the sink area.
Enlarged Mirrors & Medicine Cabinets
In order to gain more viewing area on our mirrors we’ve increased the overall height by 4”, plus we’ve reduced the width of the wood frame, giving the glass a couple extra inches of height and width. Medicine cabinets are now 2” taller, and the doors extend to fully cover the cabinet behind, giving a cleaner look and more glass area.